Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections On Week One

1. The only factor that will truly have an affect on my participation in this class is my hectic schedule. I have soccer practice, games, and tournaments all week long in addition to family obligations. Sometimes while I am away for those reasons I don't have immediate access to a computer and my phone isn't always the most reliable back up solution for accessing the class blog.

2. One of the best learning experiences I ever had was going to a student leadership conference called CASL. I went with my fellow ASB members and we got to stay in a really great hotel in San Jose, California. There were a lot of professional speakers there including Mike Smith who really made an impact on me. He was just the average guy throughout his life but at his young age he has accomplished so much. His message was mainly that you have no idea how much of an impact you can have on other peoples' lives. It made me start to think twice about every person I pass in the hallways at school or even just on the streets. Every person has a story and this experience really gave me a desire to try and figure them out.

3. I'm probably ( as weird as it sounds) most excited about the Shakespeare unit. It's been since freshman year that we really got a chance to dissect any of his work it's something that I really enjoyed. I'm most concerned about finding time to fit everything in. I know right now the homework is really intense and with my year round soccer and college applications coming up I really worry about finding time for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment